MicroFab has taken three popular ink-jet based microsphere production methods and combined them into a single bench top research platform. Based on MicroFab’s research into ink-jet manufactured drug loaded microspheres, The SphereJet™ system combines drop-on-demand, pressure assisted drop-on-demand, and continuous ink-jet drop formation. Drop generation rates of up to 50kHz and drop diameters of 20 µm to 100 µm can be achieved. With the SphereJet™ system, researchers can develop new materials and protocols based on the solvent extraction/evaporation method of microsphere manufacturing.
- Drop-on-demand, Pressure Assisted Drop-on-demand, or Continuous Mode drop formation.
- 10” x 10” digital stir plate with RPM readout.
- 1L collection vessel.
- Software controlled Z-axis positioning.
- Low and high pressure (up to 100 psi) pneumatics controls.
- CCD camera for drop and collection observation.
- Enclosed and controlled ventilated work area.
- JetDrive™ V drive electronics with bipolar, sine, and arbitrary waveform modes.
- JetLab® control software.
- Controlled Drug Delivery
- Protein Delivery
- Tissue Engineering Supplements
- DNA Delivery
- Growth Factor Delivery
- Tracer Encapsulation
- Explosives Encapsulation
Ink-Jet Based Microsphere Characteristics
- Controllable Process
- Material Flexibility
- High Drug Loading Efficiency
- Sustained Release
- Pharmacological Efficacy
- Scalable Process
Additional Information (PDF)
Dimensions & Weight
CAD Machine Views
Go to Top